On White Fragility
- We need to value Black lives more than white feelings.
- Black Lives Matter isn’t controversial. It’s misunderstood.
- White defensiveness maintains the status quo.
- Race relations will not move forward if white persons remain comfortable.
- Don’t confuse disagreement with a lack of understanding.
- “White Fragility is a form of bullying… [taking] advantage of historical and institutional power and control… a power form of white racial control… the sociology of dominance… [is] a means to protect, maintain, and reproduce white supremacy.” (Robin DiAngelo)
“There comes a time when silence is betrayal.”– Martin Luther King, Jr.